CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY - To further promote the adoption of Organic Agriculture and honor the contributions of its implementers, the Department of Agriculture - Regional Field Office 10 (DA-RFO 10) conducts its awarding ceremony for the Regional Organic Agriculture Achievers Award (ROAAA) on September 2, 2020, this city.
DA-RFO 10 Regional Technical Director for Operations Carlota S. Madriaga shared, the annual organic agri awards aims to recognize the efforts of organic farmers, who have shown significant contributions in their respective communities.
For agri-extensionists, the awardees were evaluated based on the assistance they have provided to the organic agriculture practitioners in their area, while organic agri implementers were adjudged based on their best practices.
Awarded as this year's winners with their corresponding prizes are as follows:
• Outstanding City Focal Person – Sagrada P. Alvarez, Oroquieta City, Misamis Occidental (P20,000)
• Outstanding Agricultural Extension Worker – Arsenia A. Ederosas, Oroquieta City, Misamis Occidental (P15,000)
• Outstanding Individual Farmer – Wilmar B. Ompoc, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon (P50,000)
• Outstanding Farmers Group – Linabu Multi-Purpose Cooperative, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental (awarded P100,000 worth of project grant)
• Outstanding Farming Family – Francis B. Malatamban and Family, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon (P50,000)
• Outstanding Young Farmer – Numeriano O. Quemado III, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon (P30,000)
Recognizing the winners, DA-RFO 10 Regional Executive Director Carlene C. Collado hoped, that the awardees will continue practicing organic farming.
He further encouraged them to propose projects that can further develop their farming endeavors.
For her part, Outstanding City Focal Person Alvarez shared, "Initially, adopting organic agriculture is difficult, but we try our best to push it to lead a good and healthy life, most especially during this trying times."
source: Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office X