The National Organic Agriculture Program goals are to improve quality of life and income of farmers; increase market presence of organic products in both in local and international markets and to increase contribution of Organic Products to Agriculture Output. Specifically, the program aims to devote or convert at least five (5) % of total agricultural area to organic farming; increase production of organic agricultural products; expand market niche/ reach of organic products; increase of certified organic farms/ establishments and increase number of organic practitioners/ farmer adopters.

In the region Central Visayas is strategically located at the geographical center of the Philippine archipelago between the major islands of Luzon and Mindanao. It is the sixth smallest region in the country with a total land area of 1.49 million hectares (14,951 square kilometers) which includes Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental and Siquijor as its islands.


Organic Agriculture Program Bohol Cebu Siquijor
5% of Total Agricultural Area (target)   6,830 7,302  546 
Area devoted or converted to Organic Farming (5% of the total agricultural area) 260 2,303  52 
Organically-grown Rice 174 
Organically-grown Vegetables  63  28  12.35 
Organically-grown Vegetables and other crops 15  1,826  12 
Organically-grown Corn 76 
Other Crops (Fruits and other crops) 328  20 
Certified Organic 4.5 
Volume of Production of organic agriculture products 2,211 6,598  168 
Organically-grown Rice 1,394  40  32 
Organically-grown Vegetables 766  198  99 
Organically-grown Vegetables and other crops 45  5,586  12 
Organically-grown Corn 751  16 
Other Crops (Fruits and other crops) 0.06  8.2  1.4 
Certified Organic 3.00  13.5 
Other Crops (corn)  1.92 
Market niche/reach of organic products
Third-party Certification      
Processors/ inputs  
Adopters 755  810  445 
Institutional Development      
Ordinance 10 
Local technical committees 10 
Learning Sites c/o ATI

This year’s Organic Agriculture Program budget is amounting to 11,328,000. Sixty percent (60%) of the total budget was allotted to Provision of Agricultural Equipments and Facilities while the remaining (40%) was under Technical Support Services. Significant Accomplishments were the following:


This year’s congress (13th National Organic Agriculture Congress) was hosted by Department of Agriculture – RFO 1 with the theme “ORGANIKO A WAGAS: TATTAO KEN AGLAW-LAW AGDUR-AS (Organic Way: For People and Environmental Progress) last November 23-25, 2016 at Plaza del Norte, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte; Total of 55 pax composed of different stakeholders; LGUs; SUCs attended the said congress. The said congress aimed to converge various stakeholders and supporters of the National Organic Agriculture Program (NOAP) into an event filled with knowledge sharing, skills enhancement, and marketing opportunities. It also envisioned to actively involving these stakeholders in developing a formidable strategy for the advancement of the Program. The region was recognized as the winner (1st place) on the 2016 Organic Agriculture Month Regional Photo Contest.


The Regional Organic Agriculture Congress was an annual gathering of major industry players including farmer producers/ practitioners, operators of organic establishments, researchers, educators, policy makers and other industry enthusiasts in the region. This year marked its second year in which approximately 200 participants attended held in Tagbilaran City last October 18-19, 2016. One of the highlights in the congress is the Launching of its Manual of Operations of the Regional Organic Agriculture Confederation-Visayas. Success stories from the different organic practitioners in the four provinces were also showcased.


Region 7 Organic Agriculture Confederation-Visayas, formerly known as Regional Organic Agriculture Chamber, an organized the organic stakeholders, practitioners, advocates and educators in the region, had finally finalized the Manual of Operation with the assistance of Agricultural Training Institute in Central Visayas.

This was created in preparation of the group towards third-party organic certification. It was clearly explained that this was not an option against certification but an entry point to certification. This will help the organic farmers, advocates, educators and practitioner in the marketing of the organic produce of the farmers since there will be a group who can vouch that the products are organically grown.